Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home

Paul was home last weekend! For 4 whole days! He flew in Wednesday evening. We got home, he put our daughters to bed and we had a lovely meal that he made, fettuccine alfredo! He's a wonderful cook.

Thursday we went to the zoo! Who knew it would be 70 degrees the second to last day in October. I was expecting it to be at least a little cool, so the girls and myself dressed in long sleeves. We were sweating walking around out there.

It's so fun to go to the zoo in the fall. The animals aren't too hot so they're more active. And there aren't as many people. We spent several hours there.

Amanda was so funny! She hated the statues of the animals, was totally afraid of them, but loved the real things. We couldn't get her to stand in front of this gorilla. Although I can't say that I blame her. He looks mean.


Here they are picking his nose!


I have taken several pictures of brides or grooms closing they're eyes right when I take their picture. I even took a picture of an owl right when she blinked. So here's another picture to add to my "Marvelous Book of Blinks".







That evening we decorated a gingerbread house. I love doing those, but my kids don't eat any of it once it's done, so I feel kinda guilty throwing it out. But we had a lot of fun doing that.


Amanda helped a little, but decided it was funner to eat the decorations. I think she had the right idea.

Being married to a geek, we got a special decoration to put on the house. Paul spent a while on this. I think it turned out kinda cute.

And the final product!


Friday was, of course, Halloween. Eden had a party at preschool and afterwards with the girl totally decked out, we went to a few shops, just so they could be seen, and had lunch at Arby's.

We did our pumpkins that afternoon. We normally carve them, but since we were short on time, and I forgot to get big ones, we just used stickers to decorate ours.




Amanda saw me kiss mine so she had to do the same. So cute!



That evening we went trick-or-treating with my sister and her kids. We got a ton of candy. At one house, I went to wish them a "Happy Halloween" and instead blurted out "Merry Christmas"! The kids heard that and decided to say "Merry Christmas" at just about every house after that.

I know you've already seen their outfits, but here they are again.



Saturday we spent a couple of hours raking leaves and just being home. Sunday, Christie and Dillon blessed Bailey, so Paul was able to see everyone before he left that evening.

So, if you've made it all the way to the end of this, I'm sorry for the flood of pictures.

We had a wonderful time having Paul/daddy home. We really miss being together as a family. Luckily this time we only have to wait 3 and 1/2 weeks before he comes again. Still not very fun having to wait though. So if ya'll could keep us in your prayers that our house will sell soon, we'd greatly appriciate it. THANKS!

2 Comments:

Blogger Williamson Fam said...

How fun, ashley looks so grown up and she has such beautiful skin, watch out boys...

November 4, 2008 at 8:25 PM  
Blogger Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

Cute pics Rachelle, glad you could have fun while Paul was home!

November 11, 2008 at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home