Thursday, January 29, 2009

Random Acts of Kindness

So today I was at Albertson's getting stir fry fixin's. An older gentleman got in line behind us with just 3 cans in his hands. So I asked him to go in front of us since we'd be taking longer to check out. He said "thanks" and went ahead, but at the same time grabbed 2 little boxes of animal cookies from the stand next to the check out line.

At first I thought. "Okay, this man likes animal cookies with his spaghetti sauce." He was too old to have little kids of his own. Then I thought maybe they were for his grand kids. But as the lady scanned them he said "Hand those two boxes of cookies to those two little girls in that cart." My girls were totally stoked! (Ashley was at school)

He bought he's stuff, my girls gave him big huge grins, said "thank you" and he left.



Makes me think that next time I'm at the store, if I see someone with kids, or maybe someone who isn't buying too much, I just might pay for them or get their kids a treat.

1 Comments:

Blogger Williamson Fam said...

That was sweet...

January 29, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home