Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day 2 in Beautiful Hawaii

Our first full day in Hawaii was kinda laid back and fun! We started the day off at the local flee market. The place was huge! The vendors set up around the outside of a stadium and it went all the way around! I think we got about 1/2 way around it the first day.

We had fun shopping and doing a little haggling with the vendors. I haggled for the first time in my life, and probably my last time. Thankfully Aunt Sandy was there helping me out. The great prices were great and the great items varied greatly! (I know, great choice of words in that last great sentence, aren't I a great writer?)


We found this sculpture in the shape of a frog, it was hideous, so I told Paul to kiss it!


Here's me without a flower...

Here's me with a flower... what a difference one single flower can make!

We bought some nice stuff! Once I get pictures of the girls with their gifts, I'll post them. We probably spent almost 3 hours there! It was a cool place!

Now, what I'm about to say is a very monumental thing that happened.

We visited a Costco!!!

With that sounding as odd as it does, let me explain. Karl absolutely loves Costco. I don't blame him, I like the store too! But you have to know Karl to understand just how happy he was to be going to Costco in Hawaii!


After walking around for 4 hours at the market and store, us ladies went back to the hotel and rested, or in Mom's case, napped. While the men went to the grocery store to get the rest of the food we needed.
(This will make a great addition to my "Sleep Book". Most of you are already in it, including you, Jennifer!)

For dinner we went to the Cheesecake Factory! Second time in my life!


I know, it's boring to look at a picture of someone taking a picture, but Sandy puts up a fight when you ask to take her picture. (again with the repeating words)



We walked back along the beach. Beautiful night. Unfortunately we missed the sun set, but do not despair! I've got about 50 sunset pictures coming your way. Well, maybe I'll just pick a few of them to show you.

We did catch a show going on at the beach. Not a great picture, but you get the idea. I thought this show was cool, but it doesn't compare to what we saw the next day at the PCC! But you'll have to wait till tomorrow to see those pictures!

3 Comments:

Blogger Williamson Fam said...

Ahh i love these posts, and you look so beautiful, i mean your always beautiful but your extra beautiful in these pics i think it may be mix between your tan and you being happy to see paul..Love you

March 5, 2009 at 1:24 PM  
Blogger Debbie Lawrence said...

I really am looking forward to seeing each day of your trip! I know that Hawaii is not a place I will likely visit in my lifetime, so I am having fun living through you. :) Wonderful pictures so far!

March 5, 2009 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

I am also looking forward to all your posts--great idea to do one a day! And you do look beautiful in these pics--love the flower in your hair!

March 5, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home